Cook and Offer Programme
Since 2013, the Bank participates in the “Cook and Offer” Programme of the Sophia Foundation for Children. The Programme currently covers 25 kitchens in schools, eleven of which are entirely funded by Bank of Cyprus. The Programme has made a positive impact on local communities as it benefits both children and their families. Students’ unemployed parents are hired to cook for the students and for events hosted at the schools.
- The program promotes equality by providing lunch to full-day primary schools in Cyprus.
- It supports students facing financial difficulties.
- With a positive impact on local communities as the programme also recruits unemployed parents.
- The meals are cooked daily and approved by nutritionists and the Ministry of Education.
- In 2022, Bank of Cyprus supported over 600 children out of a total of 1200.