The creation of social capital is vital for the economy and a major driver of technological growth and social progress. For Bank of Cyprus, social value requires going beyond the regular transactional boundaries, engaging with all partners across the value chain, and recognising the role of financial institutions in modern societies.
As we go Beyond Banking, we aim to make a difference by elevating the Cyprus society and contribute to its continued socioeconomic development, by remaining a strong driving force of Sustainable Development in the country.
We Examine - Contribute - Engage - Commit to the causes we support. We offer monetary, in-kind or human support according to the Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility strategy which is based on the following five pillars.
Corporate Social Responsibility Strategic Pillars
We support the operation of the Bank of Cyprus Oncology Centre and strengthen the society’s efforts to raise public awareness on health issues, focusing on cancer:
- Their families
- Health professionals
We provide financial, human and material resources to design or create short term programmes and long term initiatives promoting learning and development, focusing on:
- Awarding youth within STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics)
- Awarding youth as sports talents
- Equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion
Tackling climate crisis on land and the sea. We focus on:
- Awareness - Education
- Prevention - Response
- Recovery - Mitigation of climate change consequences
- Protection of biodiversity
We aim at research and study of the cultural and natural heritage of Cyprus through the Bank of Cyprus Cultural Foundation which:
- Keeps six Cyprological collections
- Curates two museums and manages another one on behalf of the Bank
- Runs an annual programme with exhibitions, lectures, events, educational and research programmes
Entrepreneurship & Innovation
We develop and support start-ups and entrepreneurship through the IDEA Innovation Center.
- Running a business Creation Training Programme
- With high profile mentors and trainers
- Providing financial support, consultation and professional services
A network acting within all the CSR strategic pillars, in situations of crises and where immediate action is needed, with the collaboration of:
- SupportCY members-partners
- SupportCY Volunteers Corps
- SupportCY Crises and Disasters Centre
- SupportCY House