Safer online card transactions
Safe@Web protects your cards
from unauthorized use when you make online transactions at participating merchants in the Visa Secure and/or Mastercard® Identity Check™ service.
Your online transactions are secured
by authentication using a One-Time Password (OTP) via SMS in combination with the entry of your Internet Banking security code or the Bank’s Mobile Banking App.
If you need further assistance
please contact the Call Centre at 800 00 800 (+357-22128000 for international calls) during call centre business hours.
New authentication method for online transactions
The authentication methods to be used are:
- Sending a One-Time Password (OTP) via SMS in combination with the entry of your Internet/Mobile Banking (1bank) security code or
- Confirmation via the Bank’s Mobile Banking App.
According to the above, in order to perform online transactions within the European Economic Area, using Bank of Cyprus cards (debit, credit, prepaid) you must be an Internet/Mobile Banking (1bank) subscriber and have a mobile phone registered with the Bank.
- you do not have Internet/Mobile Banking (1bank) passcode, you can proceed to online registration here, fast, quickly and easily;
- you have Internet/Mobile Banking (1bank) passcodes but do not remember them or you have been locked out of service, you will find instructions to regain access here;
- you have Internet/Mobile Banking (1bank) passcodes but have been deactivated, you can proceed to activate them immediately, either through Internet Banking or by calling the Bank’s Call Centre at 800 00 800 (+357-22128000 for international calls) during the Call Centre’s business hours.
- you have active Internet/Mobile Banking (1bank) passcodes but have not registered a mobile phone device, you can register one directly with your branch.
For more information on the authentication process via the Bank's BoC Mobile Banking App, please click here