Our Corporate Sustainability Report 2020
Bank of Cyprus is proud to present its 4th Annual Corporate Sustainability Report for the year 2020. Responding to the grown trends and requirements around the disclosure of corporate information around Sustainability and ESG performance. The 2020 Corporate Sustainability Report focuses on the Bank’s strategy and framework, action plans, activities and outcomes. It presents the social, governance, economic and environmental performance of the Bank in a concise and consistent manner. The Report is an engagement tool that enhances the relationships between the Bank and its stakeholders. It focuses on agreed material topics and enables stakeholders to make informed decisions regarding the Bank’s ability to create long term, sustainable value.
This Report has been prepared in accordance with the GRI Standards: Core option. This Report meets the requirements of the EU Non-Financial Reporting Directive (NFR Directive). Bank of Cyprus is reporting against the SASB, Financials Sector, Commercial Banks Industry Standard (version 2018-10) for the first time in its 2020 Sustainability Report.
In preparing the content and the structure of the Report, the Bank has been guided by:
- The Social Responsibility ISO 26000 standard
- The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- The Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact
- The UNEPFI Principles for Responsible Banking
- GRI G4 Sector Disclosures: Financial Services
- The Task Force on Climate related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) by the Financial Stability Board
- The EU sustainable finance framework
- Best practices of the sector at national and international level