Your safety is our first priority
We place the security and confidentiality of your online banking activities through the 1bank digital service channels, at the top of its priorities. Towards that end, 1bank introduces “Security Questions”, an additional authentication step.
What exactly do I need to do?
Upon login to 1bank (Internet & Mobile Banking), you have to respond to a series of personal “Security Questions”.
At any given time and upon login or upon authorization of another transaction with 1bank, you may be asked to provide the response of your choice to the Security Questions.
In case you have more than one User IDs, you only need to answer once.
During login to the Internet or Mobile Banking, you will be asked to follow a procedure responding to 4 “Security Questions”.
1. Within the framework of harmonization with the European Payment Services Directive (‘PSD 2’) as well as for safely accessing the 1bank Service and securely executing your transactions, Bank of Cyprus Public Company Ltd (the "Bank") adopts the procedure of replying to "Security Questions."
2.This is to notify you that you are solely responsible for entering the correct answers to the "Safety Questions" that you have selected.
3. Please be advised that your answers will be decrypted and will not be further processed by the Bank for any purpose other than that mentioned above.
4. The Bank shall not be liable in any event for any loss or damage, including and without limitation, indirect loss or damage, or any loss and damage resulting from the incorrect entry of answers and/or as a result of the disclosure of your answers to unauthorized third parties and/or due to your inability to gain access to the 1bank Service and/or for the inability to execute your transactions and/or for any other reason/cause over which the Bank has no control.
Step 1: Check your contact information
You need to ensure that your registered mobile number and/or email are correct and if necessary update them through the 1bank Internet or Mobile Banking (Digipass is required) or by visiting one of our Branches, before proceeding to step 2.
Step 2: Answer the questions
You will be shown twelve (12) questions, in two groups. You will need to respond to two (2) questions from Group A and two (2) questions from Group B.
Important tips about your answers:
- Group A includes questions that require a single-word response. Alphanumeric characters are accepted in your response (i.e. both alphabetic characters and/or numbers are acceptable)
- Group B includes questions that require numeric responses only. You need to respond with a number without decimals.
- In general, your responses should be a maximum of 35 characters, without spaces and/or special symbols.
- You may respond in Greek, English, Russian or Chinese.
- It's important that you remember your answers and the language used.
Step 3: Select a verification method
You'll need to choose a method for verifying your responses. There are three available methods to choose from. Each method is available subject to the below conditions, shown in parentheses:
- Verify using Digipass One Time Password (provided that you own an active Digipass).
- Verify using a Verification Code sent to an email (provided that you have a registered and valid email with the Bank).
- Verify using a Verification Code to be sent to your mobile number (provided that you have a registered valid mobile number with the Bank).
Step 4: Confirmation
You'll need to review your responses and chosen verification method. Click the “Confirm” button to complete the procedure or select the “Back” button to make any updates you wish.
If you want to update your responses to the “Security Questions”, either because you have forgotten them or because you prefer to provide other responses, you may contact the 1bank Call Centre to RESET your responses.
You can also RESET the responses to the Security Questions on your own, through our Internet & Mobile Banking. This is available under the option menu “Settings” and provided that you own an active Digipass.
Once RESET is complete, you will be required to repeat Steps 1 to 4 as described above.