Officer Interest Rate & FX Risk Management: Ref. OIRR22
Do you have a passion for finance and the inner workings of interest rates and foreign exchange?
We are looking to recruit an experienced Officer Interest Rate & FX Risk Management for our Treasury Department. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the interest rate position of the Bank, as well as the foreign exchange risk arising from the Bank’s operations.
Do you believe you have what it takes?
- Manage the interest rate position of the Bank. Hedge any open positions that arise with the use of on balance sheet instruments or interest rate derivatives.
- Manage the FX risk of the Bank arising from its domestic operations. Hedge open positions via FX spot and FX derivative transactions.
- Follow developments regarding interest rates and FX and assess their impact on the Bank’s balance sheet.
- Review and negotiate ISDA/CSA and other derivative related agreements. Negotiate the terms of derivative transactions executed with counterparties to achieve best execution.
- Prepare FX & IR hedging documentation to establish the accounting hedge relationship for derivatives.
- Ensure compliance with the Benchmark regulation. Assess its implications on the bank’s interest rates, agreements and products.
- Set up and enhance/update the Bank’s Lending Pricing policy.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance / Economics / Mathematics.
- Master Degree in Finance or other related subject.
- CFA qualification or studying towards CFA will be considered as an advantage.
- CYSEC Advanced will be considered as an advantage.
- At least two years of previous experience in a relevant position or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable experience can be acquired.
- Solid understanding of Financial Markets and Derivative instruments.
- Knowledge of Financial Risk Management methods and practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg / Reuters will be considered as an additional advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both Greek and English.
- Excellent IT skills - Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Structured and Critical Thinking.
- Ability to manage time, workload and multiple tasks.
All applications will be received through the “e-Recruitment” system, by following the steps below:
- Profile submission:
- Electronic submission of personal /academic/ professional and other data
- “Release” of the profile
- Application for specific vacancies, through “Employment Opportunities” section:
- Job Search
- Select Job
- Send Application (top, right hand side)
- Send Application
- Candidates who are interested in the specific position and have expressed their interest for employment in Bank of Cyprus in the past through the e-Recruitment system, are required to submit a new application (provided that they meet the criteria set).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications will be treated with strict confidence